List Of Best Medicine Universities In Nigeria & Requirement.
- 1 List Of Best Medicine Universities In Nigeria & Requirement.
- 2 What Is Medicine.
- 3 Departments Under Medicine & Surgery.
- 4 Jamb Subject Combination For Medicine.
- 5 O’Level Subject Combination For Medicine (WAEC & NECO).
- 6 Direct Entry Requirement To Study Medicine.
- 7 Duration Of Medicine and Surgery In Universities.
- 8 List Of Federal Universities That Offer Medicine In Nigeria With Duration
- 9 List Of State Universities That Offer Medicine In Nigeria
Medicine Universities: Hello Viewer, In this discussion i will be talking about the list of universities that offers Medicine Course in Nigeria and their admission requirement, in Nigeria along their are about 150 institution which includes Federal, State and Private university, only few of this universities which is about 40 universities offer Medicine as a Course,
I guess you understand what i mean by that, Medicine is a very competitive course in all institution offering it, so if you have this Dream of becoming a medical doctor then you need to study hard,
WORD OF ADVICE: YOU KNOW YOUR SELF, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE CAPABLE OF DOING PLEASE DON’T FOLLOW MULTITUDE, IF YOU KNOW YOU ARE A KIND OF PERSON THAT IS LAZY IN READING DON’T CHOOSE MEDICINE, NOT THAT AM DISCOURAGING YOU BUT TO HELP YOU GAIN ADMISSION FASTER AND TO REDUCE WASTING OF MONEY BUT OBTAINING JAMB FORM EVERY YEAR.
What Is Medicine.
Medicine is a science course that study the well-being of human being, and according to Wikis:
Medicine is the science and practice of the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Medicine encompasses a variety of health care practices evolved to maintain and restore health by the prevention and treatment of illness. Contemporary medicine applies biomedical sciences, biomedical research, genetics, and medical technology to diagnose, treat, and prevent injury and disease, typically through pharmaceuticals or surgery, but also through therapies as diverse as psychotherapy, external splints and traction, medical devices, biologics, and ionizing radiation, amongst others.
Departments Under Medicine & Surgery.
Below are the list of Department under the faculty of Medicine and Surgery.
Jamb Subject Combination For Medicine.
In UTME, Note that English Language is mandatory for all courses. The other three subjects required to study Medicine and Surgery in the institutions are:
So if you are planing to study Medicine in any universities in Nigeria, then the four subject listed above is a must for you to study hard,
O’Level Subject Combination For Medicine (WAEC & NECO).
Medicine and Surgery is also among the science courses offer by institution and The O’level subject combination and requirements needed to study the course in any universities are five SSCE credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology in either WAEC or NECO result, Note that NABTEB result can not be use.
Direct Entry Requirement To Study Medicine.
Have been receiving series of question about this Direct Entry Requirement which includes:
- Can a student that studies SLT in polytechnic be giving Medicine in the Universities – NO
- Can I use my Higher National Diploma Result (HND) to study Medicine and Surgery – NO
- I want to use my National Diploma (ND) to study Medicine in University, Is It Possible, – NO
Medicine and Surgery course is not like other courses offer in the universities, To gain admission into the faculty of Medicine and Surgery through DIRECT ENTRY you must have obtain your A’ level result in Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Zoology in addition to UTME requirements and also BSC, BOS, BTECH in relevant fields.
So Note that HND, ND, NCE Certificate are not accepted to study Medicine in Universities.
Duration Of Medicine and Surgery In Universities.
Medicine & Surgery is only the course in university that has long duration, where other courses are Four (4) or Five (5) years, Medicine and Surgery is Seven (7) years course in all universities offering it without NYSC service.
List Of Federal Universities That Offer Medicine In Nigeria With Duration
- University of Benin – 7 YEAR
- University of Port Harcourt – 7 YEAR
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka – 7 YEAR
- University of Maiduguri – 7 YEAR
- University of Calabar – 7 YEAR
- University of Jos – 7 YEAR
- University of Abuja – 7 YEAR
- University of Ibadan – 7 YEAR
- University of Ilorin – 7 YEAR
- University of Lagos – 7 YEAR
- University of Uyo – 7 YEAR
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria – 7 YEAR
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University – 7 YEAR
- Obafemi Awolowo University – 7 YEAR
List Of State Universities That Offer Medicine In Nigeria
- Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma – 7 YEAR
- Abia State University, Uturu – 7 YEAR
- Afe Babalola University – 7 YEAR
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University – 7 YEAR
- Delta State University – 7 YEAR
- Ebonyi State University – 7 YEAR
- Ekiti State University – 7 YEAR
- Enugu State University of Science & Technology – 7 YEAR
- Imo State University – 7 YEAR
- Kogi State University – 7 YEAR
- Kaduna State University – 7 YEAR
- Lagos State University – 7 YEAR
- Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso – 7 YEAR
- Niger Delta University – 7 YEAR
- Olabisi Onabanjo University – 7 YEAR
- Osun State University – 7 YEAR
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto – 7 YEAR
- Babcock University – 7 YEAR
- Bayero University Kano – 7 YEAR
- Bingham University – 7 YEAR
- Bowen University – 7 YEAR
- Benue State University, Markurdi – 7 YEAR
- Gregory University, Uturu – 7 YEAR
- Gombe State University – 7 YEAR
- Igbinedion University – 7 YEAR
- Madonna University – 7 YEAR
As at the time of publish only the Universities listed above are offering Medicine and Surgery, so if your university offer Medicine as a course, and you can’t find the name on the list, please do me a favour by contacting me through the comment box.
I HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL IF YES, MAKE SURE YOU SHARE WITH FRIENDS.