Jamb English Syllabus For 2019/20 UTME Exam View & Download PDF.
Jamb Uses Of English Syllabus: Hello Viewer in this article i would like to share the latest & updated syllabus for Jamb Uses of English, Are you among those that are getting prepared for the upcoming UTME examination if yes, have you been searching for Jamb English Language Syllabus if yes, then i guess this article is for you:
Jamb Uses Of English Syllabus Pdf, Jamb English Syllabus, Jamb 2019 English Language Syllabus, Uses Of English Syllabus, 2019 English Language Syllabus For Jamb, Correct Jamb Uses Of English Syllabus, Download Pdf Jamb English Syllabus,
if you will be participating in the 2019/20 United Tertiary Matriculation Examination, then start preparing now, without wasting much of your time i will highlight the first steps you need to take to get yourself prepared:
- Choice a course
- Make research on the course
- Search for the O’level requirement of the course
- Then Lastly, make research on Jamb Subject combination of the course if English Language is among then you are good to go (NOTE: USES OF ENGLISH IS A MUST FOR ALL CANDIDATE WRITING UTME).
Jamb English Syllabus General Objective.
The aim and objectives of the 2019/2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus is not only ment to give you guidelines but to makes sure you to gain admission this year.
- Communicate effectively in both written and spoken English;
- Have a sound linguistic basis for learning at the tertiary level.
JAMB English Syllabus Detail
1) Comprehension / Summary
(i) Each of the four passages to be set (one will be a cloze test) should reflect various disciplines and be about 400 words long.
(ii) Questions on passages will test the; following:
(a) Comprehension of the whole or part of each passage.
(b) Comprehension of words, phrases, clauses, sentences, figures of speech and idioms as used in the passages.
(c) Coherence and logical reasoning (deductions, inferences, etc)
(d) Synthesis of ideas from the passages
(2.1) Lexis and Structure
- clause and sentence patterns
- word classes and their functions
- mood, tense, aspect, number, agreement/concord, degree (positive, comparative and superlative) and question tags
- punctuation and spelling
- ordinary usage (words in their denotative or dictionary sense), figurative usage (expressions used in ways other than
literal) and idiomatic usage (expressions whose meanings cannot be determined through a mere combination of
individual words) are to be tested.
(2.2) Oral Forms
- Vowels (monophthongs and diphthongs
- Consonants (including clusters)
- Rhymes (homophones)
- Stress (word, sentence and emphatic)
JAMB ENGLISH SYLLABUS RECOMMENDED TEXTS
- Attah, M. O. (2013) Practice in Spoken English for Intermediate and Advanced Learners, Maiduguri: University of Maiduguri Press
- Bamgbose, A. (2002) English Lexis and Structure for Senior Secondary Schools and colleges (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Banjo, A. et al (2004) New Oxford Secondary English Course Book Six for Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: UP Plc.
- Caesar, O. J. (2003) Essential Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Lagos: Tonad Publishers Limited
- Daniel Jones (2011) Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary, Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Egbe, D. I (1996) Mastering English Usage and Communication Skills, Lagos: Tisons
- Elugbe, B. (2000) Oral English for Schools and Colleges, Ibadan: Heinemann
- Grant, N. J. H, Nnamonu, S. Jowitt, D. (1998) Senior English Project 3, (New Edition) Harlow: Longman
- Idowu, O. O, Sogbeson, T. S, Adofo, A. K. Burgess, D. F and Burgess, L. J. (1998) Round-up English: A Complete Guide, Lagos: Longman
- Idris, U. (2001) Oral English at Your Fingertips for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, M. Youngbrain Publishers
- Igiligi, E. C. and Ogenyi, S. O. (2010) Grammar and Composition in the G.S.M. Age, Enugu: Joe Hills Production Services
- Jauro, L. B. (2013) Oral English for Schools and Colleges: A teaching and Learning Approach, Yola: Paraclete Publishers.
- Nnamonu, S. and Jowitt, D. (1989) Common Errors in English, Lagos: Longman
- Obinna, M. F. (2001) University Matriculation Use of English,(Fourth Edition) Port Harcourt: Sunray Books Limited
- Ogunsanwo, O. Duruaku, A. B.C, Ezechukwu, J and Nwachukwu, U. I (2005) Countdown English Language, (Revised Edition), Ibadan: Evans
- Olatoye, S. (2006) The Silent Teacher, Ado-Ekiti: Segun and Sons Enterprises
- Oluikpe, B. O. A, nnaemeka, B. A, Obah, T. Y, Otagburuagu, E. J. Onuigbo, S. and Ogbonna, E. A. (1998) Intensive English for Senior Secondary School 3, Onitsha: Africana – FIRST Publisher.
- Tomori, S. H. O (2000) Objective Tests for School Certificate English: Practice in Lexis, Structure and Idiom (Reprinted Edition), Ibadan: Heinemann
- Ukwuegbu, C, Okoro, O., Idris, A. U., Okebukola, F. O. and Owokade, C. O. (2002) Catch-up English for SSCE/UME, Ibadan: Heinemann.
HOPE THIS ARTICLE IS HELPFUL, IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO USE THE COMMENT BOX.
MAKE SURE YOU SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS.