Jamb Arts Syllabus For UTME Exam 2019/20 | Read & Download PDF.
- 1 Jamb Arts Syllabus For UTME Exam 2019/20 | Read & Download PDF.
- 1.1 Jamb Arts Syllabus 2019/2020 General Objective.
- 1.2 Section A: Jamb Art Syllabus 2019/2020.
- 1.3 Section B: Jamb Arts Syllabus 2019/20
- 1.4 Section C
- 1.5 SECTION D
- 1.6 Jamb Arts Syllabus Recommended Textbook
- 1.7 Related
Jamb Arts Syllabus: Hello Viewer in this article i would like to share the latest & updated syllabus for Jamb Art, Are you among those that are getting prepared for the upcoming UTME examination if yes, have you been searching for Jamb Arts Syllabus if yes, then i guess this article is for you:
jamb arts syllabus pdf, jamb arts syllabus 2019 pdf, 2019 jamb arts syllabus, jamb syllabus 2019, jamb syllabus for arts 2020 pdf, Correct Jamb arts Syllabus, Download Pdf Jamb arts Syllabus, jamb arts syllabus topic
Are you participating in 2019/20 United Tertiary Matriculation Examination, then start prepare now, without wasting much of you time i will highlight the first step you need to take:
- Choice a course
- Make research on the course
- Search for the O’level requirement of the course
- Then Lastly, make research on Jamb Subject combination of the course if Arts subject is among then you are good to go.
Jamb Arts Syllabus 2019/2020 General Objective.
The aim of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) syllabus in Art is to prepare the candidates for the Board’s examination. It is designed to test their achievement of the course objectives, which are to:
1. exhibit knowledge of the fundamental elements, principles and terminology of art;
2. demonstrate knowledge of historical dimensions of art with emphasis on Egyptian and
3. demonstrate knowledge of artistic techniques, processes, the use of materials and maintenance of tools and equipment;
4. display aesthetic sensitivity to the environment and knowledge of the meaning and function of art in society.
Section A: Jamb Art Syllabus 2019/2020.
1. Classification Of Arts
a. Visual Arts: (Fine and Applied Art)
b. Performing Arts: (Music, Dance and Drama)
c. Literary Art: (Poetry, Prose, Recitals) etc.
2. Elements and Principle of Design
a. Elements: line, colour, shape, form, texture, tone, value, space etc.
b. Principles: balance, rhythm, proportion, harmony, contrast, repetition, dominance, variety, etc.
3. Arts Terms
Pigments, motif, greenware, armature, silhouette, chiaroscuro, cireperdue, terracotta etc.
Section B: Jamb Arts Syllabus 2019/20
1. Cultural and Historical Dimension of Art:
a). Prehistoric, Greek and Roman Art,
b). Medieval Art: architecture, surface decorations and calligraphy;
c). Renaissance Art and Artists: Giotto Di Bondone, Michelangelo Buonarroti, Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael (Raffaello Santi) etc.
d). 19th and 20th Century art movements; Impressionism, Realism, Futurism, Cubism, Bauhaus, Pop art, Abstract, Expressionism, Fauvism, etc.
2. Traditional African Art
Egypt, Ashanti, Dogon, Mossi, Fon, Senufo, Bambara, Mende, Kisi, Bamileke, Bakumba etc.
3. Traditional Nigerian Art
Nok, Ife, Igbo-Ukwu, Benin, Esie, Igala, Jukun, Akwashi, Mbari, etc.
4. Nigerian Local Crafts
Pottery, woodworks, cloth-weaving, carving, leather works, metal works, beadworks, body decoration, mat and cane weaving etc.
5. Development In Contemporary Nigerian Arts and Artists
a). Art Schools: Zaria, Nsukka, Oshogbo group, etc.
b). Nigerian artists and art educators; Aina Onabolu, Ben Enwonwu, S. I. Wangboje, Jimoh Akolo, Dele Jegede, etc.
c). Museums, galleries and art centres;
d). Art institutions, cultural art centres, national art organizations – Nigerian Society for Education through Arts (S.N.E.A), Society for Nigerian Artists (S.N.A), National Council for Arts and Culture (N.C.A.C), etc.
e). Major Festivals: Argungu Fishing Festival, Eyo, Egungun, Iri-ji (New Yam), Durbar, Igue, Ekpo, Odo, etc.
1. ARTISTIC SKILLS, TECHNIQUES AND PROCESSES
a. Two-Dimensional Art: drawing, painting, graphics and textile design.
i. Linear, angular, aerial, parallel etc.
ii. Perspective terms: foreground, picture plane, eye-level vanishing point, foreshortening, optical illusion, dept etc.
c. Sculpture, ceramics and crafts,
d. Computer Graphics: Corel Draw
2. TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND MATERIALS
a. Two-dimensional Art Materials: pencils charcoal, pastel/crayon, fixatives, fabric, dyes, lino, wood blocks etc.
b. Two-Dimensional Art Tools: brushes, lino cutters, drawing instruments, calligraphy, pens, sharpeners, etc;
c. Two-Dimensional Art Equipment: air compressor, spray gun, enlarger, computer etc.
d. Improvisation of materials:
i. Two-Dimensional Art: colours, brushes, calligraphy etc.
ii. Three-Dimensional Art: spatula, kiln, beater, etc.
3. PRACTICAL DRAWING
Still life, nature or imaginative composition.
1. ART APPRECIATION
a. Man-made objects: architecture and sculpture
b. Natural phenomena: Zuma Rock, Ikogosi Warm Springs, etc.
2. MEANING AND FUNCTIONS OF ART IN SOCIETY
a. What art is
b. Functions of art in society: religious, social, cultural, political, therapeutic and economic needs,
c. Functions of art in television: advertising, educational recreational, etc.
Jamb Arts Syllabus Recommended Textbook
- Banjoko I. (2000). Visual Arts made Easy: Textbook for Schools and Colleges, Lagos, Movic Publishing Company Ltd.
- Egonwa, O.D. (1991). African Art: A contemporary Source Book, Benin: Osasu
- Eguilae, S.A. (1985). The Essential Ground work in Art and Design, Omotola
Standard Press and Bookshop (Nig) Ltd.
- Erese, U. O. and Ogunsina E. D. (1989). Creative Arts and Crafts for J. S. S.
- Nahab, S. J. (2003). Art of the Millennium for Senior Secondary Schools, Ehindero
- Ogumor, E. (1993). Certificate Art for Junior Secondary Schools and Senior Secondary Schools, Ibadan: University Press Plc.
- Olaosebikan W. A. (1982). Cultural and Creative Arts, Evans
- Olurukooba, B. K. (1991). Art for Senior Secondary Schools, ABU
- Wangboje, I. N. (1982). A Textbook on Art for Junior and Senior Secondary Schools, Evans
- Wisdomline Pass at Once JAMB.
That’s all about Jamb Arts Syllabus 2019, hope this article is helpful if you have any question feel free to let us know,
MAKE SURE YOU SHARE THIS POST WITH A FRIEND USING THE SHARING BUTTON.